Monday, October 15, 2007

PEACE quote # 4

Peace, in the absence of war, is of little value to someone who is dying of hunger or cold. Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where people are fed, and where individuals and nations are free. The XIVth Dalai Lama

A dear friend of mine pointed out to me that this is a very hard word to give ones opinion about and that I hadnt stated my own thoughts on the word PEACE and what it means to me, so heres goes:

PEACE: To end all war, to end all violence, to end all hate, to end all racism. To be able to live in this world with the peace of mind that my kids will be safe from the madness that goes on around us day in and day out.

5 comments:

christina said...

my hope for peace is big and small i want the war to end but i also want the gang shooting to stop and kids to have a safe school and a safe streets to walk on.

i need to work on contributing to this peace in my everyday life

Cricket said...

Here here Carla...well said!

smiles,

AliciaSharp said...

I totally agree with you! Thanks for sharing all the quotes!

Anne Magee said...

Amen! Well said!

Cathy said...

Hey, there you go......... Great answer!