Monday, January 14, 2008

2008 photo of the day


Ok here is my picture today. This is a skunk, Obviously.......my very first stuffed animal. My dad brought this back to me from over seas. He was in the navy at the time and I was just a baby, not even 6 months old. I have had this ever since....so its at least 42 years old....
My mom and I need to get my dad and I together one day with this skunk and get a picture of me and my dad with it....she has several pictures of me and my dad and the skunk when he gave it to me......she wants to do a current one too. This skunk use to be in a hope chest that I had for years, but when we started talking about taking these pictures I took it out of the hope chest and I now have it in my room on my dresser. TFL

6 comments:

Wati Basri said...

tht is so cute that u still keep your toy :)

Suzy said...

How sweet! What wonderful memories and I love that you still have it!

Cathy said...

your even a bigger dork.....I drank a beer or 5 for you yesterday.

Cricket said...

so cute! I have something similar from my dad. He traveled for work and when I was about 6 months old he was in London and brought me back a panda bear that he bought at Herrods. I still have him and he sits on my bed each and every day! I'm also a huge Raggedy Ann and Andy fan, they were my favorite "dolls" as a child. I have my very first Annie, she is without hair or eyes but she's all mine! LOL!! I should do a layout about them!

smiles,

Lisa said...

ROFL @ Cathy's comments.

I think this is so sweet! I love that you took a pic of it. I still have a teddy bear from when I was little. :)

Heredia Family/Yvie said...

That is great that you still have the stuff animal. You need to scrap this.