Friday, January 11, 2008

Isnt she girly


I started this lay out Monday 1-7-08 and finished it last night 1-10-08. I had a problem with my cat licking the picture, not once but TWICE. You would think that I would have learned my lesson the first time I had to reprint the picture. After I reprinted it the first time I started working on the lay out and actually had the picture glued down along with the flower on the left side that I hand cut and had adhered with pop dots. I didnt have time to finsih the lay out that evening so I had it on my scrap table and put a piece of paper over the top of it to keep the cat away. Well that didnt work. I came home that night and the piece of paper had been moved and the picture had been licked on once again! BAD BAD KITTY! So this is one of the reasons that this lay out took me so long to complete. Im not sure about the quality of this scan either. I have a problem scanning pages with bulk. I get dark shadows. So when I scanned this I went into an advance mode and started playing around with some of the tones and hughes etc......I think that this turned out a bit too light. It gives it a real soft feel, but it is a bit on the light side. I need to play around with some of these functions on my scanner some more so that I can get better scans for my lay outs. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

12 comments:

Cricket said...

LOL!! That is too cute, your kitty licking the pic! Love the layout, it's beautiful!!

Yep, was just here a few minutes ago! LOL

I'm set for the 16th and I've asked Carol to join us. Cathy has it on her calendar but needs to wait until closer to confirm!

Have a great day!!

Marci Knecht said...

That is a stunningly gorgeous layout Carla!

Linda said...

This is such a beautiful page!!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful layout. And way too funny about the kitty.

Cathy said...

Love the LO Carla.

You need a dog!!

Heredia Family/Yvie said...

Beautiful layout!

daizie said...

I love that LO Carla! it is just so beautiful!

Edleen said...

very girly LO! love the colours :)

i'm enjoying the photos of the day you took Carla :)

Lisa said...

This layout is just so beautiful. I don't think I'll ever forget that it's the kitty licking layout either. lol

Jackie said...

Beautiful layout, love the handcut flowers. Oh by the way your kitty wasn't being bad but rather just being a cat. :)

patri oliveira said...

Hi, Carla!!
I was at the beach, on vacation! A wonderful 2008 for you!

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous!!!! Who ever heard of a cat licking a photo. That will probably happen here next!!! LOL