Friday, January 4, 2008

Scrap Freak Blog Challange

1. Will you be looking for a new job? Yes probably, I am always looking for a new job within my current company. But I would like to stay in this area and not have to travel in traffic to our corp facilities about 45 minutes away. There usually arent too many openings in my area but Im always looking.

2. What will you do different in '08? I am going to learn to start saying no to other people that ask me to do things for them scrap book wise, even if payment is involved. I take on too much and I dont get enough quality creativity time for myself.

3. New Year's Resolution(s)? I dont normally set these, I tend to not follow through with ones that I set for myself anyways so why bother?

4. Any trips planned? Not set in stone.....I have talked about going to Oregon sometime in October to visit a friend, but that might be the extent of my traveling in 2008.

5. Wedding plans? OMG NO! How about DIVORCE PLANS.......

6. Baby plans? OMG NO!!!! AGAIN....I have 2 kids that are teenagers.....dont want or need anymore!

7. Major thing on your calendar?
I have nothing major on my calendar this year so far other then oral surgery which I will be having 1-7-08.

8. What can't you wait for? I cant wait for weekend crops in Lake Geneva with friends...I always love this time away.

9. What would you like to see happen different? There is nothing that is coming to mind at the moment....I will have to think about this some more.

10. What about yourself will you be changing? I am going to focus on changing my attitude and my outlook on life. My attitude for one was pretty sucky the whole year of 2007. Just not happy with my life, not happy with myself.....there was alot going on. In 2008 Im going to try and change that and do what I need to do to make me and my kids happy and Healthy. I will be focusing on keeping up with dentist and Dr appointments and check ups. I tend to slack in these areas until I NEED to.....but I need to start doing preventive appointments.

11. What happened in '07 that you didn’t think would ever happen? There is nothing that pops into my head at this time that I can think of. If something does come to mind I will be sure to update.

12. Will you be nicer to the people you care about? Yes, I will be nicer to the people that I care about. This is part of the attitude adjustment that I will be focusing on in 2008.

13. Will you dress differently in '08 than you did in '07? NO.....I dont plan on it......the clothes that I have now are just fine......

14. Will you better your relationship with your family? This is a tuff question for me. What part of the family? My kids......for sure........I always strive to make that better. My mom and dad.....well I suppose there are things that I can try and work on to make us have a better relationship. As far as the rest of the family goes there is only so much that I can do, I try....but I think that its time for me to sit back and go with the flow and not put so much of an effort in to make everyone else get along and be happy. I cant do it anymore.

15. Will you do volunteer work? No, Im not much of a volunteer type of person.

16. Do you expect '08 to be a good year for you? Im hoping that it is.......I dont expect anything.

17. How much did you change from this time last year til now? Attitude wise I changed alot. Look wise I dont think that I changed that much other then some aging and trying to grow my hair out.....

18. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now? I sure hope so! They are a great group of friends.

19. Major lifestyle changes? There is nothing major in my lifestyle that I really want to change right now other then to quit smoking. But with the stress that Im under and the way that my life is going....this is not something that I am willing to give up anytime soon.

20. Will you be moving? I have no plans of it.

21. What will you make sure doesn't happen in '08 that happened in '07? I will make sure that I am more focused on my job in 08 then I was in 07 and try not to let my personal issues affect me at work. I seem to let things bother me and then slack here at work......when I really need to move forward and seperate the two.

3 comments:

{monica} said...

Great answers Carla! Sounds like you have some good focus for the new year. Now about that smoking thing... LOL

I'm an EX-smoker so I know EXACTLY how that feels...but you can do it and I promise you'll feel SO much better when you quit. Hard to believe I know...but it's true! I quit about 5 years ago...very difficult thing to do but man I'm so glad I did. You CAN do it!

Cathy said...

Yea, on the smoking thing, when are you starting!!! LOL

Origin said...

I loved reading about you!