Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday update

No pictures right now, but hopefully after tonight I will be able to post the Bo-Bunny LOVE album that I worked on this weekend and didnt quite finish.

ITS freezing here in Wisconsin with zero below temps and they are predicting more snow tonight 4-6 inches.....YUCK!

Need some well wishes for my mom who is going into surgery tomorrow afternoon to have her hip replaced. She is in Arizona for the winter months and surrounded by alot of friends that are there to help her. But being her daughter I wish I could be there for her too.......I worry of course, this is a HUGE surgery....and I always worry when someone gets put under....its scarey!

Today she is meeting with a physical therapist that will help her learn the basics of what her therapy will be like after the surgery, from learning how to get up and down from the toilet, and other things that we all take for granted, she will be in pain while healing.....

So please send good thoughts your way.........Im sure tomorrow I will be a nervous wreck until I know that she has made it out of surgery!

6 comments:

{monica} said...

Lots of good thoughts heading your mom's way...I'm sure everything will be fine. Can't wait to see the new album!

Lisa said...

I will be thinking about your mom and sending lots of positive thoughts her way. It's so hard to have our moms so far away when they're going thru something like this. I'm here if you need a shoulder to lean on.

Edleen said...

*Hugs* and well wishes for your Mom Carla :) she'll be fine, i'm sure. my MIL went thru hip surgery 2yrs back and she's doing well.

Take care and hope it'll stop snowing soon.

Cathy said...

Carla, please tell your mom that I am thinking of her today!!! Hope she recovers soon. BIG HUGS!

Cricket said...

Carla, sending lots of prayers to your mom for a safe surgery and a quick recovery! I know how worried I would be to, sending ya lots of hugs! My mil had this same surgery a few years back and was up and out in no time and she does wonderful now, still bikes and swims and just turned 79!

smiles,

Tracy Lathrop said...

Carla I will definitely be praying for your Mom. I know how hard it is when you can't be there in person for your Mom, I couldn't be there for my Mom's breast cancer surgery and it was hard waiting to hear everything was ok and then I really couldn't rest until I actually heard her voice . I will be waiting to hear how she does. I am looking forward to seeing your Bo Bunny word album!