Monday, February 18, 2008

Surgery day











Well today Mariah finally got her tonsils out that have been causing her problems for a few years now. Its been a long road with strep throats, tonsilitis, snoring and just BIG tonsils.
She started this morning playing guitar hero on xbox.....I bought this for her brother a couple of weeks ago and she is totally hooked.
Off to the hospital we went at 8:30. When I pulled my camera out in the waiting area before she went in she hid from me behind a folder......wouldnt let me take her picture. But once she was in the bed getting prepped for surgery she gave up on fighting me taking pictures. So here are a few of my baby having surgery today. Shes doing well....but Im concerned that shes talking too much and she will be in pain tomorrow. She has alot of friends calling her, and she has two friends over now visiting. They are trying to get to not talk, but if you know Mariah she is very chatty....so there is nothing to stop her from talking.

14 comments:

Cathy said...

Chatty girl!!! Love the pictures though. Be well my little/big Mariah!!

Heredia Family/Yvie said...

Glad Mariahs surgery went well. She should rest her voice...tell friends to e-mail or text her...LOL!

Lisa said...

Awww! I'm glad it's all over and everything went well. She looks like she's doing F*I*N*E now. Breath easy, mom!

Edleen said...

she looks happy chatting on the phone! :) glad her surgery went well :)

.jessica jo. said...

hope she isnt in too much pain now after all that chatting!! My BFF just had hers out and i didnt talk to her for like a week!

Cricket said...

sorry she had to have surgery but so happy everything went well! As for the chattiness, hope it doesn't cause her too much discomfort!

Sending her some get well soon wishes!!

smiles,

AliciaSharp said...

Glad the sugery went well. Hope she continues to recover fast!

Tracy Lathrop said...

Awww! I hope that she isn't too uncomfortable from all the chatting! When I had mine out it hurt like heck for a week because I wouldn't stop talking! Lol!! Small price to pay I guess?!

Wati Basri said...

gld that surgery went well!hope she will fully recover soon :)

Lala said...

Poor girl..Glad she is doing better.. and we all know how hard it would be to keep a teenager from talkingt!! LOL Glad all this is going to be taken care of now with the surgery...

La-

Shannon Schafer said...

Glad the surgery went well. How is she feeling now?

Heather said...

glad everything went well!

iris said...

Hope everything is back to normal now for her. Relax mom, you've done a great job taking care of her. I look at her pictures and she looks all grown up, then I see her on the bed with her stuffed toys and she looks like a child again. I guess that is how it's going to be right, they will always be babies to us.

patri oliveira said...

Ohhh, I didn't understant what happened with your daughter... Hope she was better now!