Monday, March 24, 2008

I love you

This is a lay out that I did for a co-worker that will give it to her uncle for a gift for their wedding. Every once in a while people will ask me to do a FRAME for them and I get a 12x12 frame at Michaels and just do a lay out and put it in the frame and sell them. So this is one that I did over the weekend.

Saturday 3-22-08 was spent with Cathy and we met a couple of board members from Scrapfreak at the local scrap book store Hannahs. We had never met Laura and Charlotte before, just have talked to them on the message board. It was great to finally meet the girls......Charlotte also has a local friend that met her there by the name of Louise, and we had a ball walking around the store talking and shopping. When that was all said and done we went to a little Mexican resteraunt down the block for lunch. It was a nice afternoon eating and drinking, chatting with the girls and getting to know them......we really had a nice time.

LUCKY ME!!!!
Ok......this page for some reason was really hard for me to do...I think it was the fact that I was trying to use 6 pictures on this page......I did this for a contest that is on SCRAPFREAK.......I probably worked on this for well over a week....and there was one point in time that I actually threw everything away and had to start all over because I just did not like how it was turning out.
Im happy with this one.
This is Cathy and I several weeks ago, goofing around...when we went antiquing and to lunch at yet again another Mexican resteraunt and had some drinks. Im lucky to have a life long friend for over 23 years.......and that is what I did the page on....I AM LUCKY!

13 comments:

Cathy said...

We had a grand OL time didn't we!!! Both of those Saturdays!

Love that LO that you did of us! Really! It is so fun and whimsical.
I'm Lucky to have you too!!

Cherie Averill said...

What an awesome layout of you and the dork! Errr I mean, Cathy! Looks like you were guys were having too much fun!

Lisa said...

Carla - how awesome that you got to meet Laura & Charlotte! That's really fun. I love both of the layouts, but I really love the one of you & Cathy. You really captured your friendship and spirit. Love the photos.

Lala said...

Those are great pages and how much fun hanigng out with the Freaks musta been!!

La-

pat said...

Carla - love that LO of you and Cathy - way too fun. Also, the next time you guys go to Hannah's let me know.....

AliciaSharp said...

Love your LO's! The top one is my fav! You are rockin these girl!

Cricket said...

Those layouts are fabulous Carla! How cool that you have that side gig going on for you, awesome!

Thanks for pointing me to Scrapfreak! You and Cathy are da bomb!

smiles,

Edleen said...

Carla!!! love your layouts!!!

you Girls...looking good on the photo and great that you're having fun :)

Cindy aka HappyStamper said...

That's great that you got to meet Charloote and Laura IRL and I love your Lucky page!

Wati Basri said...

that is such a lovely layout of u n cathy!it is always nice to hv a fren who hd bn w us the longest time! toast to many more years of great friendship!

Heather said...

love the layouts, especially the one of you and Cathy!

Maggie said...

that is fantastic, I luv the colour scheme, this is a great gift for them... I never think of looking for a 12x12 frame didn't even know they exist...
I also luv the vibrant colour of the Lucky you..
Maggie

Linda said...

Carla, I love both of those pages you did! Love seeing the photos of you and Cathy!!!