Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A walk down by the lake

Well, I just want to say that I need to start making some changes in my life....(not that I havent had enough already with in the last couple of years) but......I have gotten to the point of PURE boredom.
Going through a divorce, having one of your kids now old enough to drive with a job and a car, the other one will be doing so soon enough. Life gets lonely. I go to work, I go home, I go to work, I go home. Home is nice and all, but there is only so much time spent there basically alone. Come home, turn on my computer, sit at my scrapping table, turn the music on. Cook some dinner, maybe read a little, get hooked into TV.......
Well....last night I decided that I have really been TIRED and BORED with my life lately and that I needed to do something different.
We have a beautiful lake front (Lake Michigan) in down town Kenosha. I have only been there a few times myself, but thought...hey....grab the camera and go take a walk.....so thats what I did for exercise, and just getting fresh air and taking random pictures of THINGS......I was gone for about 3 hours. It was quite nice. And I had to laugh because my son even called to find out where I was. HE NEVER DOES THAT! So here are just a few of my favorite photos that I took down by the lake. Hope you enjoy!


OH My goodness.....going through my pictures at a closer look, I had no idea that I captured this little guy on his mamma's back.....I cropped it and got a better close up for you to see...how cute is that?



This one is for GLENDA......LOL.....its only my right foot girl.......



I miss gardening......I use to love to plant and pull flowers to put in vases......I love all the different types...and learned alot a few years ago when I was into gardening. But we sold our house and I lost all of that.






There were seaguls all over looking for some one to feed them...



Wrote this in the sand with my foot. But I cant figure out why it posts sideways when I add it here, it's normal saved in my pictures......HMMMM???? dont know. Just picture it saying H I the right way...LOL



Yuppers thats my foot print.



Yuppers thats my shadow on the water.

16 comments:

Debbi T said...

What a beautiful place to walk! Your pictures are wonderful, Carla!

Jenna Franklin said...

Great photos! I'm jealous - I guess I could go photograph some cows...or a cornfield...

Glenda Tkalac said...

Carla, you kill me!! haha That's a great foot you have by the way! Much prettier than mine! I know what you mean about being bored. I do the same! The hubs likes to watch tv and my mind can't sit still so I go up into my scrap room! Last night I took the dogs for a walk and it was nice to be out and about! Your pics are amazing!!

Marci Knecht said...

Those are absolutely amazing photos, especially the one of the baby duck.

Cherie Averill said...

Awesome pictures, chickita! I'm so glad you got out and had some fun!

Cricket said...

great pics Carla! I feel the same way honey...with Roger gone all the time, Mandi not hanging out with "mom" anymore, it's just me and the tv!! I need to get up and get out too!! sure wish ya lived closer!!

smiles,

Lynda Heines said...

Wow! Carla, those are great! Thanks for sharing!

Lynda

Cathy said...

Great pictures!!!

What is Cricket talking about. We live right down the street and never get together. HA!

I do feel your pain though, remember...when we are old, we will be roomies!!

Linda said...

Those are some super awesome photos!!

Tracey said...

Beautiful photos, I am glad you enjoyed your walk by the lake, we all get stuck in a rut sometimes, I have the same problem with my photos sometimes when I try to upload them to blogger, the only cure I have found is to remove them go back to where they are saved in my pc and right click to rotate clockwise and then click again and turn it back, then when I upload it a second time it works ok - stupid huh !!! but it is the only way I have found to sort it out XXX

Edleen said...

Carla!!! love those shots of the little Ducks! you did capture a lovely one :)

glad you had a terrific day and perhaps you should do more of this and just have fun :)

Enjoy the weekend!

Heather said...

great photos Carla! love the beach ones =)

patri oliveira said...

Great photos, Carla! You live in a beautiful place!!
Taking photos and walk is a good terapy!!
You visited my blog and post in my assortment. You can win one of my kits or a photo editing (like my photo with the Jessica Alba's body in the post. Oh, yeh, It is not me!). good lucky to you, girl!

Xoxo
Patri

La- said...

Those are awesome! I am so glad you got out and di that for yourself!

La-

SLUSH said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING photos sweetie!!!!!

Chris said...

fantastic photos girl!!!!