Friday, August 8, 2008

Moving Madness!

Ok...so.....for those of you that don't know.....I am in the process of moving. This month is going to be a bit crazy for me, with packing, finding storage, changing address's, canceling cable, electric, phone, taking stuff to good will, getting stuff ready for a garage sale, helping mom get ready for us in her house.....YUP......the kids and I are moving in with my parents for awhile. Things just took their tole on me when money became tight and things fell behind. Trying to play catch up isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I had spoken to my mom about moving in with them for awhile and she thought that it was a good idea so that I could save money and get a cheaper place to live in the long run for the kids and I.
It's going to be ruff at first......I mean I haven't lived at home since I was about 20 years old.....now I'm moving back with two teenagers.
It's not going to be so bad....., my parents leave in OCT to spend the winter months in Az where their second home is...so once they leave the kids and I will have the house to ourselves. Now they won't have to worry about who's taking care of their bird, who will take care of the leaves in the fall, who will take care of their shoveling in the winter.....we will be there to get these things done for them. It will be a little crazy with the bird, after all I have two cats. Not sure how that is going to work out......and they have ONE bathroom.....WOW...that's going to be a challange. But all in all, I feel good about what I'm doing because I'm tired of struggling and I just need to sit back and breath for a bit and save some $$$$$.
So with all this being said.....I probably wont be around too much this month to update my blog...and I wanted to let everyone know why......
Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes smooth. I'm not looking forward to all this packing and everything else that I have to do, but such is life!
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Carla-

I feel your pain (a little of it at least).

Hubby and I are doing the whole "purging" thing right now....going through the entire house and the *gasp* basement....having yard sales.....going to Goodwill....making clothing donations.....just trying to simplify our lives.

Hang in there.....it is all for the best!

:)

(Thanks for your nice comments on my blog, I appreciate it!)

Andrea

Jules said...

I think you have made a wise choice, difficult as it may have been. Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done. I've got big shoulders if you need them! Jules

Marci Knecht said...

Carla, I really admire you for making what was probably a hard decision. It will definitely be the best thing in the long run - Good luck with the move :)

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Good Luck on your moving!

Cricket said...

Carla,
sorry you have to make such a big change in your life right now but what a great opportunity that you have with your parents! Things will get better, I really believe it that!

hugs,

Debbi T said...

Hugs to you, Carla. Moving is a tremendous challenge. I hope this will help make your life easier as you plan for the future. Good luck with your move and all the tasks you have to do as you prepare for it.

Edleen said...

Carla, *Hugs* to you.
hope all will go well and packing sure is not fun...

hope to see you back in the blog world once you've settled down.

Take Care!

Tracey said...

Good luck with the move honey, hope all goes smoothly, take care and I will keep my fingers crossed for you XXX

Rachael said...

Good luck with it all, Carla!!

HUGS!!

-leafa mcbirdie said...

good luck with the move and all the busy stuff you've got going on right now! sounds like it's going to work out pretty well, especially since your folks will be away for awhile.

hang in there chica!

Lisa said...

(((Carla))) I hope the move goes smoothly and everything works out okay for you. You know I'm always here to listen!