Sunday, November 23, 2008

Here is my 3rd challenge for Short Cuts




This is another card that I have made for short cuts
Check out their blog, and you can also order here


This was a clear card that I decorated with Basic Grey PP called Urban Prairie. I cut a strip and used a Martha Stewart boarder punch at the bottom.
The word Friend on the front of the card is a rub on by Flea Market Rub Ons.

When I adhered the PP down I used a piece of yellow ribbon and made a bow.
I then used rub ons by LastingImpressions for the If friends were flowers I'd pick you. I colored the edges of the white card stock with ink.

I used a little Doodlebug jewel for the center of the flower on the rub on.
I added Prima Quick Pick Flowers and again added Doodlebug jewels to the center of the flower.

On the inside of the card I used a yellow piece of card stock by Bazzill, and cut another strip of the Basic Grey paper. I then printed a poem out on white Bazzill card stock and adhered it to the card stock. I also inked the edges on this as well.
The poem reads:

It takes more than caring to be a real friend,
The nature of friendship , requires a blend
Of warmest compassion, and love deep and true,
To reach and to comfort, the way that you do.
Because I can see, that your kind of friendship
is priceless to me.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

I hope to have more done next week so keep checking back with me.

9 comments:

Marci Knecht said...

Wow, they're really keeping you hopping with these challanges aren't they? You're doing great, this one is my fave so far ;)

Edleen said...

Carla, they're Lovely!!! hope to see more :)

have a great week!

Cricket said...

Beautiful job Carla!!

smiles,

patri oliveira said...

So beautiful, Carla!
How are you?

Xoxo
Patri

Jules said...

Oh, Carla darlin' ! Lovely work! do you need my home addy to send one to me? Miss you madly. J

Glenda T. said...

I just love this flower one, it's gorgeous!!! Good luck and I'll have to stop by to see some more wonderful creations!!

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Your clear card is so pretty! Love all the colours!

Donna said...

Those are stunning!

Clear Cards said...

I like this clear card collection,it is so beautiful to watch. Hopefully you will be sharing more work with us.Keep up the great work.