Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Here is my first challenge






I wanted to share with all of my blogger friends my first challenge that was given to me by Short Cuts for their design team.
You can also ORDER here.

You can click on the pictures if you would like to see closer details.

This is a Holiday card that I made using one of their cards. Its a frosted card and was wonderful to work with. I love the versitility of being able to cover this card with paper, or leave some of it clear. Using rub ons was one of the things that I really wanted to try and as you can tell, it worked out great.

I took white bazzill card stock for the front of the card and the inside front of the card and I used silver glimmer mist to give it some shine. I then used my sewing machine to add a light blue stitch on both sides of the card stock.

I took 2 Maya road snow flake chip boards in different sizes and I painted them with light blue paint. After that dried I also sprayed them with the silver glimmer mist. When that was dry I used light blue and silver stickles to add yet more glimmer to the snowflakes. The center was then finished off with a Doodle Bug Jewel in clear.

I added some Prima Say It in Crystals swirls to the side of the snowflake.

The tag at the bottom is a cute little Fancy Pants tag that I also painted a light blue, and used Doodle Bug tiny letters to make the words happy holidays. I threaded this through a piece of really cool ribbon that I found in my stash.

The snowflakes on the inside of the card are a Quickutz die cut that I have not used forever.....but I knew I had it so I pulled it out.
I painted them the same blue as the tag, and again used stickles and Doodle Bug Jewels.

From our home to yours is a stamp. I used basic white bazzill card stock again, painted the edges and added a Heidi Swap bling frame around it. The white swirls that you see at the top and botton are Basic Grey rub ons....they went on really smooth.

And for the back you get the same affect through this frosted card, and I just stamped Handmade by Carla on the white bazzill card stock.

This was such a fun card for me to work with versus the plain old card stock that I would normally make a card with.

Check out Short Cuts Blog for other fun ideas using their product, you will be amazed at some of the talent that is out there working with their product. I love it and can't wait to show you more as I work and get things made. So keep checking back....I will have some other things to share within the next couple of weeks.

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Beautiful! I love it!!

daizie said...

what a beautiful card!!! you did great carla!!

Cricket said...

Carla, the card is gorgeous!!! I love what you did!!

smiles,

Kristie said...

Its beautiful Carla!!

Lisa said...

Carla, that is just beautiful. The accents are all so wonderful and you should be so proud of yourself.

Leslie said...

Is this the card that took you all day to do? If so, I can see why. It is beautiful. I can see all the time you put into it in all the details.

Linda said...

That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

moralia said...

Beautiful card! Good luck! :)

{monica} said...

Absolutely beautiful card Carla!!

iris said...

Beautiful!! And huge congratulations Carla!

Alicia Sharp said...

That is beautiful Carla. You did an amazing job!!

Edleen said...

Carla, this card is so dreamy! love it :)

Rachael said...

Love all the sparkly goodness!

Chris said...

stunning!!!