Thursday, November 20, 2008

Here is my second challenge for Short Cuts





These are just so cute, and so easy to work with. They are gift card holders, and they come in black, white, cream and a tan color. You alter them for the occassion that you will be giving a gift card for. I altered one for Christmas since that is just right around the corner.
Check out their blog Short Cuts
You can also order here.

I used the white gift card holder.
The pattern paper that I used is the Basic Grey Wassail line, and it was pieces of scrap paper that I had left over from another prject. So take a look at your scraps of paper to see what you can come up with.

The front flower that I have on there is a Bo Bunny holiday flower that I found in my stash that I have probably had for a couple of years.

The tag is a tag by Fancy Pants. They have this cute little bag of little tags out now called Bag O Tags. They come in different shapes, 80 of them total, 2 each of white and craft.

The brad in the middle I changed out, the Bo Bunny flower came with just a plain brad, and I wanted to add a little bling.

I tied the tag onto the brad with some twill that I also had in my stash and cant remember the last time I pulled it out to use it.

I also added ribbon on the side of the card on the front and back.

The inside cover I covered with cream colored bazzill paper and the To: and From: are a Making Memories rub on.

I then used my crop o dile and punched holes in the back and the front so that I could run the twill through and close the gift card holder by tieing it into a bow.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

5 comments:

Linda said...

That is adorable! Great job Carla, you always do such awesome stuff!

Heredia Family/Yvie said...

That is such a cute gift card holder. I need to do some of those pretty soon.

Cricket said...

What a great job Carla! Love what you did to the template, it's perfect!!

smiles,

Leslie said...

You are rocking these challenges!

Lisa said...

That is really cool! What a fantastic idea. Wonderful work, Carla.