Friday, December 19, 2008

SNOW SNOW SNOW GO AWAY

Well we are in a winter snow storm right now. It started sometime last night, and when I got up this morning it was just miserable out there. My parents and my kids were still all snuggled in bed, while I showered, made coffee and got ready to go out and clear my car off.
That was not fun. You see, normally I have RJ go outside, clear my car off and start it for me. This morning however they did not have school and there was no need for them to be up, so it was up to me. When I peeped out the window all I could see was big drifts of snow, and the recycling bins turned over and in the middle of the driveway for me to pick up. URGH. This was not going to be fun. Well I decided that I would not do my hair until I was done shoveling myself out, so I put my coat, and gloves on and wished that I had some snow boots.
I went outside and it was very very windy and I was walking in snow drifts that were up to my calves. I got in the car and started it and grabbed my snow scraper. I walked down to the end of the drive way and picked up the recycling tubs and put them back on the curb. I then trudged back to my car and started brushing off the snow.....man was it heavy.
By the time I got most of the snow off the car and got back in the house I was soaked. My hair, my feet, my gloves, my coat......I was covered in snow.
I took everything off and headed to the bathroom to dry my hair once again.
I was not looking forward to the drive into work, and Im only 10 minutes away. I left at 6:30, knowing it would be a slow drive.....and man was I right...slow....but I made it here by 7:00 which is my starting time. The roads were not good, but you just have to go slow and be careful.
It is now a little after 9:00 am and the snow is still coming down strong. Wonder how much we will have when this is all over?

9 comments:

Cricket said...

it certainly was ugly out today!!! You should have seen me shoveling off my front walk! The drift was up to my thighs almost!! sheesh...the joys of the midwest huh?

smiles,

Glenda T. said...

Oh Carla I know what you mean!! It's so ugly, cold and snowy here too!!! It's supposed to get to minus 43 with the wind chill tonight!!! aaahhhh!!!

patri oliveira said...

Hi, Carla!!
Merry Xmas to you and your family!!

Xoxo
Patri

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Not a fun day at all to have to go to work in!! I feel for you Carla!! Glad you at least made in to work safe and I hope home safe too!! Gearing up for the next snowfall tonight - yeehaw!! NOT!!

Chris said...

ugh on snow we got mostly ice :(

Pinky said...

OH send it my way! I need some!
Its sunny but COLD here....like 8 degrees cold tonight! EEK! Stay warm!

Glenda T. said...

Hi Carla, you won my Christmas RAK! yay! Email me and let me know your addy so I can pop it into the mail for you! Merry Christmas!!

Edleen said...

hi Carla, how's the weather today?
hope you had a Merry Christmas and wishing you a Fabulous 2009!

take care, *hugs*

Jules said...

Happy New Year, my friend. May this coming year bring you joy!