Monday, January 25, 2010

Is this really me?


This is a lay out that I did to play along with DIRTY SCRAPS. The Dirty girls were up for this challenge, but the RAW girls could play along too so I did. The next challenge I am assigned to and I already have the layout started. This blog amazes me and Im so lucky to work with such talented scrappers that don't mind getting out there and showing the world the good the bad and the ugly! I am amazed at how I could sit here and really dig deep and get journaling done on a time in my life when I was just not happy and knew that I needed to make a change.
The journaling reads:
Is this really me? Was I really that big? I never felt that big. But I see the pictures, I see the fat face, I see the fat body. Maybe this is why I was depressed? Maybe this is why I was unhappy? Maybe this is why I had to be put on depression medication? I had to do something about this, I had to do something for myself. I wanted to be happy again. I wanted to have energy again. I wanted to be there for my kids. Health and happiness is what I wanted. So I decided that I was going to take the plunge and have gastric bypass. I knew that I had to do something drastic, because diets just didn't work for me. Now 7 years later I'm still healthy and feel great. Look at me now. It was the best decision that I ever made.

3 comments:

Marci Knecht said...

You go girl! ;) Love the layout

Donna said...

WOW...Carla...that is a fabulous layout. I did not know that you had the gastric bypass! You look stunning! What a success you are!

Edleen said...

Awesome!!!