Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Here is the lay out that I did for the Dirty Scraps DT this month. We were suppose to use the word Dream and possibly spin it towards a dream that fell apart, or a dream that was never fullfilled, etc. I had a hard time with this one. I had already submitted a lay out for my marriage falling apart for another challenge and that was something that I just did not want to do again. I couldn't really dig deep enough for this one to come up with a dream that was shattered or never fullfilled. Heck maybe I'm one of those people that just lives day to day and doesn't have any dreams? Anyways I always liked this picture of me and the dolphin and I had always dreampt about wanting to one day swim with the dolphins, and this was a dream that was fullfilled. So this was the page that I decided to do. It is about DREAMS, just not shattered or broken dreams, this was a dream that came true for me.

Here is what the challange reads:

We all have them...hopes, dreams, fears... but this time I wanted to concentrate on those dreams, more specifically acknowledging those shattered dreams. Scrap about a shattered dream.Maybe your dream was to have 2.5 kids a home and a successful career. But you are divorced and raising the kids on your own. Maybe your dream was to be a dancer? Heck maybe it was to be a secretary? We all grow up and even if they are not our prominent dreams and we are completely satisfied with our current lives...we all had those dreams that sort of flew away. I love my life but I can think of several dreams I did not see through. It's NOT a bad thing, it is just life and the way life flows. I truly believe it is a positive thing because out path in life leads us on many roads, not just the ones we plan for. You can take this layout in any direction you want :)
Now go get dirty!

5 comments:

Beth said...

I really like this. I love that you used purple!

Vanessa said...

That turned out gorgeous Carla! Love it!

Katie said...

Love this! The purples are so pretty with that photo.

Laurajean said...

Wowsers girl..this is gorgeous...LOVE it ;) U Rocked this challenge!!!

marcibun said...

This is gorgeous Carla!